Every time I am at a loss on what to cook for dinner, I find myself cooking this as it’s the easiest and fastest to cook on my file so far. It goes well with any steamed or blanched vegetables like carrots, broccoli and cauliflower. It’s also good with sautéed bean sprouts but for now, I want to spend as little time as I can at the kitchen. I usually make the teriyaki sauce from scratch and I like the taste better but I used the bottled one this time as I still have 2 unopened bottles of Kikkoman marinade in my pantry.
I also had a lot of leftover rice so I decided to make Garlic Fried Rice with Egg. Other variations would be to serve it with plain rice, used as a filling for tortilla wrap and even wrapped in lettuce leaves for a healthier option.
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- 1/2 kl chicken breast fillet
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup bottled or prepared teriyaki marinade
- 1 cup thinly sliced leeks (green and white parts)
**Teriyaki Marinade-just combine everything**
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1/4 cup mirin
- Heat oil in sauté pan.
- Saute chicken until cooked.
- Add garlic and marinade.
- Simmer about 7 minutes.
- Put leeks on top and heat through.
- Season to taste (since I used bottled marinade this time, I added a bit of sugar at the end as I want my teriyaki on the sweet side).