I finally mustered enough energy to try out a new recipe that I’ve been wanting to try for a few months now. Saw this cheese cupcake from angsarap.net and it is one of the many posts there that I’ve bookmarked for trying out at home.
It’s sweet and salty in every bite and the texture is moist and perfect…very addicting! It is now part of my special folder in Pinterest and will definitely be making them again, and again, and again!
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated plus more for topping
1 3/4 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 can (400g) condensed milk
120g butter (roughly a bit more than 1/2 cup), cut into small cubes and softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1. In a large bowl sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
2. In a separate large beat together butter, sugar and eggs.
3. Slowly add the flour mixture and condensed milk to the creamed butter and egg mixture while beating in low speed, combine until smooth in texture.
4. Fold the grated cheese into the batter.
5. Scoop batter into paper-lined muffin cups to 3/4 full. Top with cheddar cheese and bake in a 180C pre-heated oven for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Top should be golden and crispy.